Bar Tender Job Details
One Position as a Bar Tender is available at a 5 Star Hotel
Position: Bar Tender
Status: Full -Time
• The ability to follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
• The ability to handle all monies and account for a separate bank /cash drawer from the resort.
• The ability to requisition, pick up, verify, and put away all requisitions for liquor, wine, beer, juices, soft drinks and food items used for the bar areas.
• The ability to offer guests of the bar an enjoyable, expertly served beverage/dining experience conforming to the 5 Stars Resort service standards of excellence for quality, professionalism and friendliness.
• The ability to stock the bar areas with liquor, wine, beer, juices, soft drinks, glassware and condiments.
• The ability to develop a complete working knowledge of the menu items, their ingredients and preparation.
• The ability to develop a complete working knowledge of all products served by the bar, i.e. liquors, wines, beers, ports, armagnacs, eau de vies, cognacs, specialty drinks, etc.
• The ability to develop a complete working knowledge of all coffee and tea products served from the Barista station in accordance with coffee and tea service standards.
• The ability to understand and accurately describe the menu and the daily specials as well as what is not available.
• The ability to check and recheck the bar during service.
• The ability to ensure that all details of food and beverage service are performed properly and that every guest receives the highest quality of service.
• The ability to utilize the hotel’s computer system to ring up sales, print checks, adjust and close checks and complete closing summary reports.
• The ability to ensure proper pouring, mixing, blending, etc. of drinks.
• The ability to service all drinks for service bar area, guests and the bar area.
• The ability to ensure proper service of all food items to bar guests.
• The ability to keep the bar area neat and tidy at all times clearing dishes and glassware whenever possible.
• The ability to ensure that the bar is stocked and all side opening and closing duties are completed.
• The ability to greet each guest promptly, courteously, graciously with eye contact, a smile and good posture.
• The ability to recognize and address potential intoxicated, disruptive or undesirable guests.
• The ability to report any accident immediately, no matter how minor, to a manager.
• The ability to handle a guest walk out.
• The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
• The ability to recognize regular guests, greet them by their name and know their preferred drinks
• The ability to use guest names for all guests as guest name becomes known. • The ability to memorize and prepare specialty cocktails designed especially for “Sidebar”.
• The ability to remain current and knowledgeable with media industry news, personalities and events.
Perks & Benefits:
• Ability to experience our hotels as a guest through the complimentary room program
• Highly competitive salaries and incentives
• Educational assistance programs, as well as in-house training workshop for all employees
• Complimentary Life insurance
• Vacation & Paid Sick Time Off
• Complimentary Employee Meals
• And much more!